I had some really good comments from my last post! Thanks Ladies!! And I thought rather than just add a huge comment below your comments I would just post my comments as a new post. :)
Okay first of all I think it must be a mixture of who we are with what kind of baby we get that makes each situation so special. No book will really 100% prepare you for what might or might not happen.
Like for me Harrison has been sleeping through the night since he was 6 weeks old (and in fact now sleeps from 7pm till 9am every night), I've only been peed on once or twice, I enjoyed breastfeeding, I felt more at peace during pregnancy and after delivery that Nick actually thought I was less hormonal than usual, and Harrison has never screamed for hours in his life.
Now I wouldn't normally admit any of that to anyone, first of all because I don't want to sound like I'm bragging and also because I'm superstitious and I wouldn't want to jinx anything.....but I know you ladies understand where I'm coming from and you know the kind of point I'm trying to make, right? Everyone has a different experience. And that's the beauty of it all. :)
I know I can't expect all of my future babies to be the same way....and many tell me that "because" he's been so easy that "for sure" my next one will be difficult...but we'll see. ;)
For most of us this is something that we did chose to do....and we are therefore doing it because we did want to. I think (at this point in my life) many forget that this was something they at one point wanted and they make it look like it's now a burden on them.
I know my opinion will probably constantly change and I will change my tune many times as Harrison gets older and depending on how many more kids I have....but that is going to be the beauty of blogging. I will get to see how many words I will be eating later on when I am older and wiser. lol ;) I feel a little bit like I'm still on the outside looking in on how I will be as a parent.....and it's exciting!
I loved the comments ladies and you inspired me to wright more on this topic. I love that blogging can be so interactive like that. Thank you!! :)
Britt, you already have such words of wisdom! "I will get to see how many words I will be eating later on"......so true, and what is surprising is finding out that they can be rather tasty, when eaten with a bit of humility and humor!
ReplyDeleteRight now, I feel "a little bit like I'm still on the outside looking in on how I will be as a parent (to adult children).....and it's exciting!"!!