So since I've been on a hat making kick these last couple weeks my last one I made was a pumpkin one for Harrison. I had been looking online for one I liked but some of them just didn't have the overall look that I wanted so I just took things from different patterns that I liked. Since I suck at actually following patterns I thought I would wing it. This one looks kind of Charley Brownish to me for some reason. I made myself a blue hat but I haven't taken any pictures of myself in it yet for you guys....Harrison is a MUCH cuter model then me (myself?...whichever). :)
Also this week I had some pumpkin spice bread mix that I have been meaning to make.....but I kept forgetting to pick up a can of pumpkin.
I finally remembered to buy some! Everyone who blogs takes a picture of what they are making halfway through.....so here's mine. It looks really gross at this point though.
It ended up pretty good. I think I like zucchini bread with cranberries better.....but this pumpkin bread will help to get us in the fall spirit of things. However much fall we have left that is (I saw some snow flurries yesterday.....bbbbbuuuurrrrrr!)
Your bread looks tasty! Tegan and I stayed at a B&B years ago and I've loved (jumbo) pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips (great combo!) ever since.
ReplyDeleteHarrison's pumpkin hat is a tangible metaphor for you, Britt; original pattern, unique, and beautiful.
I agree with Kim!! By the looks of Harrison's pumpkin hat, you were not created to follow a pattern.......you were created to create the pattern! I love it!
ReplyDelete