Sunday, February 26, 2012

Macarons with Nutella!

I've been wanting to try Macarons for a couple weeks now. They just look so cute that I wanted to know what they tasted like. I watched a ton of YouTube videos and searched places like pinterest and foodgawker. I finally found www.pastrypal.com where I could download "Master the Macaron" which tells you step by step how to get a perfect Macaron. I don't know why auto correct keeps capitalizing Macaron....but oh we'll.

Anyways I'm not going to talk about all the steps here because you can go download her steps for free but here are some pictures I took along the way to making Macarons today.









I read somewhere that it's good to make a template to help you when you pipe the mixture and that using a shot glass would work perfect.  It would have....if I had followed the circles....but I started pipping outside the lines fairly quickly. 


Here are my ingredients all waiting for me to start.  I had a couple false starts because I forgot I had put leftover turkey in my mixing bowl.  I was afraid that since it had been in the fridge that the cold bowl would throw off the mixture so I let it sit out for a while first. 

Then I finally got to the mixing and the piping.  I was a little afraid that I had overmixed....especially since they laid flat almost immediately after I piped them onto the parchement paper.



And we have "feet".....YAY!!!  I was so excited when I saw these after I took them out of the oven.



Next I let them cool and filled then with Nutella. :)


Finally I just had fun taking pictures of them!  Oh and the reason they all have brown flecks in them is because I ground my own almond flour from whole almonds that I had on hand.

4 comments:

  1. They look exactly like the famous ones from Paris!!!!! Way to go Britt! Now you made me want sweets...bad, bad Britt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt, you have way more of your Aunt Kim, in you, than me, when it comes to cooking with such precision and skill........but now the desire to photograph everything.....well? Ha!
    The recipes in Betty Crocker that I always ignored because they looked too complicated, were the ones you gravitated to....and making something look and taste just like they are supposed to, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I had never heard of macarons before, so thanks for the education! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I made ganache the other day......THEN I watched a ton of YouTube videos to find out where I went wrong! I get it now, watch YouTube BEFORE trying a new recipe! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete