Saturday, February 18, 2012

Get ready! We have a walker!

Harrison has really been making strides towards walking this week. He still enjoys crawling more often than not but I can tell that he also likes the attention from me when he starts walking. He gets about 4-5 steps into it then drops to his knees to crawl the rest of the way.

I've been getting asked "is he walking yet?" for months and now I can finally say...well...Kinda!! I don't really mind the questions because I can tell when it's to compare him to their child or if it's just to make conversation. I don't understand parents who push their child for every milestone and worry when it's "not happening early enough". I think the majority of us have the same thought though that it will happen when it happens and it doesn't mean we (or the kids) have failed if whatever it is doesn't happen right when it "should" be happening.

I actually had been hoping that he would hold off on the walking till his legs got a little stronger. And now that he is walking its more cautious and calculated then the ones I've seen that go running across the room on wobbly legs. Seems like we may have less bumps and bruises this way. Not that there won't still be some here and there I'm sure.

I wish I could upload a video I got of him walking today. Here's one of him playing with our curtains. :)

1 comment: