Saturday, January 21, 2012
The Hunger Games
My awesome sister-in-law Kelly told me to read these books, and since she was totally right about the Twilight books, I figured I would give these a try too. I ordered a sample of the books to download onto my iPad. Halfway through the sample I'm literally moved to tears and telling my husband Nick "I am really going to love these books!".
The main character Katniss is strangely relateable. She's tough, strong, quick witted, smart, vulnerable, conflicted, terrified, and so many other things throughout the course of these books.
The story is about 12 districts who every year have to randomly select one boy and one girl who will all be put into an arena to fight to the death.....and there can only be one survivor.
Now I'm not usually a fan of anything violent or dirty (I can tell by a trailer if I'm going to like a movie whether people have dirt under their fingernails the whole time or not...lol) but what helped me endure the grimy parts where the extravagant fashion and beautiful Capital city parts where I could let my imagination go crazy. Plus it's so intense and suspenseful that you really just want to know what happens next after every page.
So before I give too much away.......if you haven't read these books.....GO READ THEM NOW!!! :)
What great books have you guys been reading? Now that I'm finished with The Hunger Games I'm needing more ideas of other good books to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment