Thursday, February 21, 2013

30 Week Update


Cravings: McDonalds Big Mac, Shamrock shake, and fries. Wish I had skipped the Big Mac though cause it didn't sit well. I've been craving minty shakes lately. Had a peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwich today, YUM!

Symptoms: This last weekend my hips felt sore which I never felt much with Harrison. So I must be spreading out more.

Complaints: Some stomach issues the last week or so but I think it's more from the different illnesses that are floating around out there.

Fun: Got to have a date night a couple nights ago with my hubby. <3

Weight gain: 10 lbs total.

Waist measurement: 44 inches

Movement: Still lots of movement, from kicks to full on rolls, throughout the day. Especially after I eat.

Doctor appointment results: Heartbeat was in the 140s and he said I'm measuring good. Now I start going in every 2 weeks and will have cervical exams each time. Can't believe I'm this far along already!!

Mood: Good but a little anxious. I'm dwelling more on labor stuff than I did with Harrison. I know I shouldn't be but I keep wondering how its going to go this time. With Harrison it was long but not painful, thank you epidural!! Now I keep thinking "Will it be easier? Or harder? Will I go early, or late again? If late....how late? Will they need to use the vacuum again? Will I tear again? Will my water break this time? What's that like? Will labor go so fast this time that there is no time for drugs.....AHHHHH!" Those are some of the things I'm thinking about.

Planning: Made a bunch of cloth wipes this week out of old clothes. Also made some baby leggings from cheap knee high socks and a minky blanket.....pictured below. Project for next week will be making cloth nursing pads out of old flannel bed sheets.

Struggles: I'm walking a bit slower and I need to stand up once in a while to stretch my legs. Luckily I have to pee ALL the time so that forces me to walk around more often. ;)

Advice: Mainly just not to stress about the delivery. So I'm going to keep trying not to think about it. My doctor in the beginning of my pregnancy said he's almost NEVER has to do a c-section. But at my last appointment he had to tell me how the last 4 have been c-sections. Great! That's comforting!!! But he said he's sure my labor will go just fine......which I'm sure he told the last 4 mamas. Hah! He's lucky I really like him, he's the first doctor I've had that really makes me feel like he's listening and I don't feel rushed out of the room right away after a few minutes.

Baby Size: Butternut squash

Does Wedding Ring Fit? Yes

Belly button In or Out? Half out on top.

Other events of the week: Worked a couple days to make up for maternity leave this summer.







1 comment: